(417) 582-4735Director: Dean Wake
Ozark School District is restructuring many bus stops for the 2022-23 school year. This change is based on several factors in order to increase student safety, decrease student ride times and increase efficiency.
What is changing?
Bus stops are being consolidated along many bus routes creating community-style bus stops
Why are bus stops changing?
- Increasing student safety by reducing the number of times a bus stops to unload or load students
- Reducing student ride time
- Reducing the risk of accidents by not traveling on narrow roads and eliminating areas where buses turn around or back up
- Saving funds by traveling fewer miles and reducing wear and tear on buses
What is not changing?
- Most rural routes will not be impacted
- Curbside pickup and dropoff will still occur for roads with walking restrictions
- Ozark School District will continue to provide busing to all students regardless of their location from school
Postcards with the new bus stop location will be sent out at the end of July. If you have any questions, please contact the transportation office at 417-582-4735 from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Bus numbers, stop locations and times for students K-12 can be viewed in Parent Portal under the Transportation tab Wednesday, August 17. Route times may fluctuate by five minutes before or after the designated time.
Please note as we get through the first week of school, stop times may be adjusted based on students actually riding the bus. This information will remain updated in Parent Portal and any major changes will be communicated with parents.