Ozark R-VI School District Health Policy
If your child should need to take medication at school it must be brought to school by a parent or guardian in original packaging. It is against school policy to carry ANY medication without written permission on file with the nurse.
Your child should stay home or will be sent home for the following:
- Fever: 100 degrees or higher. He/She should be free of fever for 24 hours without fever reducing medication such as Tylenol, Ibuprofen or Aleve before returning to school.
- Vomiting or Diarrhea: A physician should be contacted if the vomiting and/or diarrhea last longer than 24 hours or becomes severe. No vomiting or diarrhea for 24 hours before returning to school.
- Strep throat: or a sore throat that is accompanied by a fever and enlarged glands in the neck. A child may return to school 24 hours after beginning antibiotic treatment and he is fever free.
- Cold and/or persistent cough: child is ill with continuously runny nose, very tired, or excessive coughing. Call your physician if symptoms continue.
- Rash: Of unknown cause. The child should remain home until the cause is determined. If the rash is due to chicken pox, your child should remain at home until all lesions are crusted (usually 5-7 days).
- Conjunctivitis: sometimes referred to as pink eye, a reddening of the white of the eye and inner eyelid is noted along with drainage (pus), itching, or pain. Your child should not attend school until medical attention has determined if it is conjunctivitis, which will require medication, or simply allergies or a cold. If your child awakens and their eyelids are matted together (crusty), please follow the above guidelines.
- Head Lice -Your child may return to school after proper treatment and must see the nurse before returning to their classroom.
Please encourage your student to get enough rest and to eat a well-balanced diet during the school year. This will be beneficial to your student's performance at school and to their overall health this school year.
North Elementary: 582-4777South Elementary: 582-4877East Elementary: 582-5777West Elementary: 582-5752Middle School: 582-4807Junior High: 582-4709High School: 582-5722Tiger Paw: 582-5991Finley River: 582-5920