Skip To Main Content
The Purpose of Academies
- The goal of the Academies is to provide a home for students to explore their interests and pursue long-term goals through course selection and a capstone experience.
- Students will connect and collaborate with teachers and classmates in the same Academy.
- Community partners will help provide a deeper understanding of the field.
- Exploring Academies begins in the 8th grade.
- In 9th grade, students will take an Academy Exploration class to examine options and finalize their Academy selection during their spring Individual Career and Academic Plan (ICAP).
- In 10th and 11th grade, students will continue through their selected program, known as their pathway, and refine their interests through course selection.
- In 12th grade, students can apply what they've learned with a capstone experience which can feature earning industry-recognized credentials, college credit, internships and more.
Changing an Academy
- Students are allowed to change their Academy during the scheduling process in the spring.
- The Academy model is designed to be flexible for students to ensure a smooth transition if a student decides to change.
Courses Outside My Academy
- Students are encouraged to take classes that interest them regardless of their Academy.
- Electives are available for students to give them an opportunity to explore other interests.