OZARK JUNIOR HIGHNJHSStudents in NJHS are selected based on their academics, character, and service.
As a group, NJHS participates in one large service project a year. This year's projects have focused on children in the hospital, making Valentine's in January and collecting candy for Easter baskets in March and April.
Students apply to be in NJHS in the fall and the induction ceremony is in November. If you wish to be a member next year, be watching for information about membership next October.
NJHS Membership Requirements:
(Members must meet the following to obtain and maintain membership in NJHS)
· Maintain a minimum GPA of 3.8
· Attend the mandatory induction ceremony for new members
· Maintain the standards of good character and conduct
(No ISS or OSS)
· Attend 80% of the yearly meetings
· Be actively involved in the organization’s service projects
· Be an 8th grader currently enrolled at OJHS
· Show exemplary character and leadership traitsPledge:
I pledge to uphold the high purposes of the National Honor Society to which I have been selected; I will be true to the principles for which it stands; and will always maintain and encourage the high standards of scholarship, leadership, service, and character.
I have 12 years teaching experience at Ozark Junior High.
In 2015 I earned an Educational Specialist degree in Administration from Lindenwood University.Mrs. Cope:The 2016-2017 school year will be my second year teaching at Ozark.Mrs. Cope Mrs. AshClick on this link if you want to see pictures of NJHS.Created By: Bri Pointer - Spring 2018