Dates for 2015 Speech Tournaments
February 27 - Branson
March 19 - Republic
April 2 - Fair Grove
April 9 - Ozark
April 16 - Districts @ Republic H.S.
May 7 - Possible Nixa Tournament
STUDENT PARTICIPATION IS MANDATORY AND EACH TOURNAMENT IS WORTH 400 POINTS.
STUDENTS MUST SECURE ONE ADULT JUDGE FOR THE ENTIRE OZARK TOURNAMENT. THIS ASSIGNMENT IS WORTH 100 POINTS.
- All students must attend every tournament and be prepared.
- Students must not skip rounds. I will know if you do and you will lose points and be put on team probation.
- Students must dress nice for every tournament. Most boys wear suits with ties or black slacks with a shirt that has a collar. Girls may wear dresses or skirts but mini skirts will not be allowed. Girls may also wear slacks and a nice shirt.
- Girls may wear heals or flats. Boys will need to wear dress shoes.
- We usually eat at a fast food restaurant for lunch, so each student needs to bring lunch money to each tournament.
- Students need to be quiet in the halls during rounds. Performances are easily disrupted when students make noise in the hallway. If this rule is broken, your coach will discipline you when we return to campus.
- Cell phone should be silenced during performances. There is to be NO VIDEO TAPING OF PERFORMANCES BECAUSE THE MATERIAL IS COPYRIGHTED.
- Students are to be respectful to all other students, coaches, and parents from other schools. You may even make some lifelong friendships at these tournaments. I know I did when I was in school.
- When not performing, students should be in the cafeteria.
- Students need to make sure they go to perform at the beginning of each round. Do not wait to perform. Do not go to watch a friend perform and then go to your room to perform, in doing so you may make the tournament run behind.
- Perform all your events as quickly as you can.
- ABSOLUTELY NO RUNNING THROUGH THE HALLS.
- REPORT ANY PROBLEMS WITH JUDGES OR ROOMS TO YOUR COACH IMMEDIATELY.
- Look at your sheet that you are given and make sure you perform in the correct room.
- Make sure you tell each one of your judges thank you for judging before you leave the room.
- When you enter the room do not be loud and make a spectacle of yourself. You are being judged the second you enter the room. Be polite and respectful to everyone.