Basic Maneuvers in a Low-Risk Environment
Chapter 6 will introduce the concept of natural laws and their effects on traction and vehicle movement and balance. Operator procedural tasks in a low-risk driving environment will also be introduced, including approaching, entering, stopping and turning at intersections, lane changing, turnabouts, parking, and passing.
The student will:
1. Describe natural laws and their effects on traction, vehicle movement and balance.
2. Demonstrate knowledge of approaching, entering, stopping and turning at intersections and describe staggered stops and double stops.
3. Demonstrate knowledge of changing lanes.
4. Demonstrate knowledge of procedures for turning around.
5. Demonstrate knowledge of procedures for hill parking, angle parking, perpendicular parking, and parallel parking.
6. Demonstrate knowledge of passing, being passed and passing on the right and identify the conditions described by law that regulate passing.