- sophomore, junior, or first semester senior
- 3.5 GPA or higher
- positive teacher recommendations
- involved in clubs, sports, or other organizations
- have work experience of any kind
- volunteer service history
- held previous leadership positions
- a desire to help make our school and community a better place
If you would like to be a part of National Honor Society, applications can be picked up from Mrs. Wilson in Room F116 during the first week of each semester. Completed applications submitted by the due date will be reviewed by a council of faculty members and points awarded for the categories listed above. Students are notified by letter if they are accepted into NHS and inducted in an official ceremony in the fall.
All full year NHS members must log 20 hours of community service and half year members must log 10 hours of service. These logs are submitted to Mrs. Wilson in May to be reviewed. Seniors who have maintained the requirements for NHS will graduate with a blue stole.