Advanced Training Reimbursement
The Ozark School District is excited to announce a new reimbursement program for advancement training or classes. The District gets better as each of us continue to grow in our craft and skills. As a way to recognize your hard work to learn and grow, the District will begin a reimbursement program for job-related classes and training hours for ALL district employees excluding substitute and seasonal/temporary employees. Please view the below for details.
If you have questions regarding this program, please ask your immediate supervisor.
Craig Carson, Ed.D.
Assistant Superintendent, Ozark R-VI Schools
P.O. Box 166
302 N. 4th Ave.
Ozark, MO 65721
Employee Reimbursement Guidelines
The employee reimbursement program is designed to provide certified and classified staff opportunities to improve and enhance their job-related skills. Individuals must apply for consideration PRIOR to initiating the learning opportunity. Not all requests are approved for reimbursement. There will be limited funds available. The intent of these monies is to provide additional training and professional development with a specific focus - not attendance at a conference. The training may include multiple sessions and may include college credit.
The following criteria are included in this program:
- This professional development/training opportunity is open to any district employee excluding substitute and seasonal/temporary employees.
- The professional development/training opportunity must enhance the individual’s work in his/her current position.
- The professional development/training opportunity must align with the individual’s current work assignment. The intent of this program is not prepare the individual for a different position than he/she currently holds.
- The professional development/training opportunity could be aligned with the request of the individual’s supervisor for further enhancement.
- The professional development/training must be provided by a reputable/accredited/recognized institute and/or organization that is satisfactory to the administration in its judgment and sole discretion.
- The request(s) should align with district strategic goals, initiatives/needs and priorities.
- The individual will have a limited dollar amount ($4500 maximum per year or $1500 per trimester - based on funds available, the amounts may be less) one can apply and receive during a fiscal year (July 1-June 30).
- There will be three deadline dates during the fiscal year to apply for consideration for reimbursement. The dates are June 15 (for fall semester), Nov 15 (for spring semester), March 15 (for summer semester).
- These monies are not intended for attendance at conferences.
- No reimbursement will be provided for dissertation hours, education administration specific course work or books/supplies.
- All requests for reimbursement must be submitted at the completion of the training.
- Due to fiscal end of year deadlines, all requests for reimbursement must be submitted to the individual’s supervisor by May 30 of each fiscal year. Any requests submitted after this date will not be funded since it crosses into a new year. Exceptions must be pre-approved by the CFO prior to May 30.
- All requests for reimbursement must be submitted within 60 days of the completion of the activity. Any exceptions must be approved by the CFO prior to the end of the 60 day window.
- The individual must successfully complete the training. If the employee receives college/university credit, the individual must earn a letter grade of “C” or higher to be reimbursed for undergraduate credit, and “B” or higher to be reimbursed for graduate credit. If the training provides for a certification, then the certification requirements must be completed and the certification received by the employee.
- The individual must have been an employee of the district for at least one calendar year.
- The individual must have received satisfactory evaluations by his/her supervisor. The individual may not be on an “improvement plan” or any other type of remedial or disciplinary plan or documents.
- Once the budget allocation is used, there will not be additional monies until the following fiscal year - pending board approval.
- Final approval must come from Senior Leadership. The employee must first seek approval from his/her supervisor. Once approval is provided at this level it will then proceed to Senior Leadership.
- Based on the overall allocation, Senior Leadership can limit the number of reimbursements per year and also limit the amount provided for the total year and also the maximum amount per trimester ($4500 maximum per year or $1500 per trimester - based on funds available, the amounts may be less).
- To apply for a training or class reimbursement prior to the corresponding deadline, please fill out this form.