General Chromebook Troubleshooting:
1. If your Chromebook is running, but the screen is black or the touchscreen isn't responding you can do a hard reset by pressing the following keys at the same time: ESC + RELOAD + POWER BUTTON. Then restart and check to see if the issue has resolved.
2. Your Chromebook is charged, but will not come on. Try plugging it into the charger, plug into the wall (not a surge protector/power strip they don't charge as effectively) and then power on. That will oftentimes turn it in with a full battery and can be disconnected from the charger and used normally.
3. If your Chromebook won't charge, first plug it into the charger plug into the wall (not a surge protector/power strip they don't charge as effectively) and check that the blue light (fully charged) or orange light (charging) is lighting up on the front of the Chromebook. If neither are lit up and the charger is connected to the device and a power source, then most likely it is a charger issue.
4. The sound is not working, or the device is not picking up earbuds, then try the hard reset by pressing the following keys at the same time: ESC + RELOAD + POWER BUTTON. Then restart and check to see if the issue has resolved.
5. When the screen freezes, a hard reset works to reset this as well by pressing the following keys at the same time: ESC + RELOAD + POWER BUTTON. Then restart and check to see if the issue has resolved. Sometimes bending the screen back all the way to a tablet format and then back again can reset this issue as well.
Chromebook Settings and Shortcuts:
1. Screen Rotation - control + shift + refresh
2. Screenshot - Control + picture key (F5)
3. Caps Lock - alt + search (magnifying glass)
4. Chromevox - Control + alt + z
5. Select All - Control + A
6. Cut - Control + X
7. Paste - Control + V
8. Undo - Control + Z
Accessing the US Keyboard:
1. Go to the bottom right corner.
2. Click on US keyboard.
Canvas Log-In Troubleshooting:
1. Make sure you log in using the Ozark Canvas link found on the school website or click here: https://ozark.instructure.com/login/canvas
2. Log in using your school email and Tigerslunchpin.
Classroom Tech Troubleshooting
Printing eValuate Rosters:
1. Go to the Print Class Roster option under Control Panels.
2. Using the drop‐down menus, enter your information into the selection criteria, and click Search. This will bring up all classes for the teacher. Expand the class list by clicking the blue arrow to the left of the class name.
3. Two choices are available for the class list – Card or List. The card option will display a printable “card” with teacher name, grade level, student name, and student passwords or password icons. The list option will display a printable list with student name, grade level, and the student password icons.
Making Chrome the Default Browser:
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. Click under the settings hot dog.
3. Click on settings, scroll to the bottom and select Chrome as the default browser.
Adding Gmail as a Taskbar Shortcut or to Phone:
1. Drag the address to your desktop and rename as Gmail. You can also set your homepage to Gmail in the settings under ‘on startup’.
2. Add the app through the app store, log in with your google/Gmail account.
Projector is not Displaying:
1. Check that all connections are connected to the device and docking station.
2. If the display is still not working, unplug the power cord of the docking station from it's power source. Don't unplug the power cord from the docking station, it has to directly unplug from the outlet. This will cycle up the device.
Change Display Screen or Settings:
1. On the desktop, right click to find either screen resolution or display.
2. Once the multiple displays are shown, you can click to identify each and it will tell you which is which.
3. Then you can move and rearrange, if needed, and can duplicate the desktop as well.
Sound or Speakers are not Working:
1. Check that the computer is recognizing speakers.
2. Check that all cables are connected, speakers are on and volume is up.
1. Go to the Settings hotdog and find 'history'.
2. Then clear browsing data (be cautious that it will clear saved passwords).
3. Under 'Advanced' you can unclick clear passwords, etc. or just click cookies, etc.