The Adopt-A-Class program is a partnership between Ozark School District and Chamber of Commerce. The program pairs a local business with an Ozark School District classroom based on the business's preference and interests.
- Meet with your teacher before your first visit to discuss curriculum and expectations
- Visit the class a minimum of twice a year — once in the fall and once in the spring.
- Curriculum possibilities are endless.
- You can incorporate something from your own business. For example, in past years Blue Monkey Towing has flipped a car for students and the Christian County Headliner News has helped student write and design a newspaper of their own.
- Sometimes just visiting your class and talking about your business is plenty.
- There is also free material available. Junior Achievement in Southwest Missouri offers step-by-step lesson plans annd activities for K-12 classroom visits. Junior Achievement also offers tips for working with students and preparing for the classroom visit, including free training. Learn more at www.jastl.org or contact District Manager Rebecca Saunders at email@example.com.