OHS Tutoring Guidelines
Tutoring guidelines focus on students who:
- Need intervention based on observation and assessment data (see qualified tutoring above)
- Based on observation and assessment data, need assistance with skill or concept attainment
- Are losing persistence to graduation
- Desire tutoring related to college entrance exams
- Need additional time to complete coursework
- Teachers apply for tutoring through the building administrative team.
- Teachers must put the tutoring student’s names on the building approved form (form title) with their hourly tutoring for reimbursement on a monthly basis. Teachers may not declare tutoring hours after the time sheets have been turned in unless approved by an administrator.
- District-approved assessments, as determined by the building principal, should be given to each student tutoring to check for student progress.
- Other examples of student improvement (teacher observation, etc), as approved by the building principal, may also be used for accountability.