OMS/OJH Tutoring Guidelines
A student’s referral to the STOMP program is based on the recommendation of the STAT team. The STAT team determines whether a student receives district-paid tutoring services via the STOMP program.
Tutoring guidelines focus on students who:
- Are more than one grade level behind in reading
- Need intervention based on observation and assessment data (see qualified tutoring above)
- Based on observation and assessment data, need assistance with skill or concept attainment
- Need additional time to complete coursework
- Students and teachers assigned to STOMP are identified by the STAT and administrative teams. Teachers apply to tutor through the building administrator. The STAT team recommends tutoring for students based on student need and forward the recommendation to the administrative team for final approval.
- Teachers must put the tutoring student’s names on the building approved form (form title) with their hourly tutoring for reimbursement on a monthly basis. Teachers may not declare tutoring hours after the time sheets have been turned in unless approved by an administrator.
- District-approved assessments, as determined by the building principal, should be given to each student tutoring to check for student progress.
- Other examples of student improvement (teacher observation, etc), as approved by the building principal, may also be used for accountability.