CPI — Educating, Empowering, and Enriching
CPI Nonviolent Crisis Intervention is an international training organization committed to best practices and safe behavior management methods that focus on prevention. Through a variety of specialized offerings and innovative resources, CPI educates and empowers professionals to create safe and respectful work environments. This enables professionals to enrich not only their own lives, but also the lives of the individuals they serve.
Who is CPI?
CPI Nonviolent Crisis Intervention is a standard-setting resource for organizations that serve society’s most vulnerable. Our proven model for staff training and personalized support empowers professionals who strive to sustain true cultures of compassion.
Learn more about Non-violent Crisis Intervention by visiting their website.
To learn more about Ozark R-VI board policies related to Nonviolent Crisis Intervention please click here.
Ozark Nonviolent Crisis Intervention Training Expectations
- All Ozark R-VI employees who wish to be certified must take the initial course that lasts about 8 hours. Questions about whether or not you should take this course should be directed to the building administrator or can be directed to the Special Services department.
- Recertification must be completed within 13 months of initial course (one month from expiration date). If recertification deadline is missed, initial training must be retaken.
- Recertification lasts about 4 hours.
- ALL new Ozark employees must retake initial Nonviolent Crisis Intervention training regardless of training in previous districts.
- Initial training must be retaken after two recertification courses.
Who should become NCI certified?
- ALL special education staff (teachers, paras, process coordinators)
- SLPs, OTs, PTs
- All bus drivers and aides
- Building administrators (including documentation, board policy, etc)
- Building-specific identified crisis team members
- Grade level or department heads
- Classroom teachers
- Recess paras
*Speak with your building administrator to see if becoming CPI certified is appropriate for your role
Check MyLearningPlan for available trainings. Paraprofessionals will need to contact Lacie Hart at LacieHart@ozarktigers.org or by phone at (417) 582-5957 to enroll in trainings.